1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looks like we're saying "Eff you" to Israel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I was referring to this:

And I'm the troll?

Thanks.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Michael makes some good points, but look, this is not analogous to Cuba.

Have you ever been to East Jerusalem or the West Bank? I have. It's pretty dusty.

Its certainly no lush, Caribbean island.

But maybe I visited the wrong parts. What great cities did the Palestinians build? When was the high point of their civilization?

Did the Israelis burn down their cities, loot the Palestinian History Museum, and burn down Palestine Symphony Hall.

God, those would have been great to see. Too bad they're no longer there.

Its such a shame.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It should also be noted that Israel has given up 93% of the land it won in the 1967 Six-Day War.

This is how it looked then:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One, I said you were posting like a troll. Two consecutive posts ranting about what ridiculous crap you THINK the other side is going to say is troll-like behavior. That doesn't mean A_QB calling people fucking idiots is any better. Neither is helpful.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But it is accurate.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And we wonder why political discourse in this country is where it's at.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Wonder all you want. It's because both parties philosophies are about as opposite as sweet and sour.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No, it's because people are more wont to throw insults at each other than actually discuss, fairly and without misrepresenting their opponent's views, the issues at hand.

And anyone that disagrees with me is a fucking idiot.

9. printdust

printdust New Member

But it's a passion within those disagreements that has turned to anger, both inside and outside the system.

And anger leads some to say "fucking idiots."

The shape this country is in, we need anger management. Maybe congress can pay for that too.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Our national dialogue has been nastier than this. You just have uncontrollably clueless dipshits making the racket now instead of those with intense, informed opinions.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Let's line em up in one of those target shooting games like at a carnival and play. I'll take out Pelosi with my first quarter. You?

Note: Emphasis on carnival game for the anti-gun lobby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.