1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking to hear from CNHI folks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kimronspringle, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I know I should be happy that everyone in our building still has their jobs, but its hard when in the last three months we have had the amount we contribute to health benefits go up about 10 percent for a family, had the amount the company kicks in to our 401(k) cut in half and had all pay raises frozen for the "foreseeable future."
    We were told the pay freezes were chainwide, but I have seen or heard very little griping on the board about that.
    I just want to see if other CNHIers are struggling with the same issues.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Everything you said, save for the wage freezes, has been implemented at my shop, too.

Now, our raises are due in January, so I wouldn't be shocked if/when they break the news to us.

Ugh...

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One thing to remember: Your company's more interested in the retirement bennies of Alabama teachers than those of its own employees.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Wage freeze in effect, hiring freeze has been for a while too.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Asked again today and was told, "Oh, yeah, that's true."

When I asked if there's going to be an announcement, I was told, "You're getting it now."

When I asked about this a month ago when rumors started, I was told, "Haven't heard mention of that here."

Merry Fuckin' Christmas, Alabama Slammers... :mad:

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Haven't heard anything about it, but I am sure they'll let us know soon enough. At least they raised mileage up to 30 cents/mile.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Our paper is in a "hiring freeze" but they've had to hire people who have either quit or been fired.

The EIC at my paper insists that the wage freeze for our paper is going to be lifted after the beginning of the year because of some complicated economic thing that is going to put it in the black. We'll see....

Draft saved Draft deleted