1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for three people to play Augusta with me next March

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Jan 4, 2011.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Finally, women can play Augusta.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

A woman can play it now... provided she wins a PGA Tournament in the previous year, finishes near the top of a men's major or qualifies through the men's amateur route.

3. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

I agree here. Shooting 55's is boring. The games are the most fun when you first start playing and don't quite have the hang of it yet. But once you get it down and start shooting really low, the fun slips away.

I find it much more enjoyable to have to really grind to shoot a 70. Keep the realism in the game. The thing that pisses me off in previous Tiger games is that you can shoot 58 in a tournament but someone else in the field will shoot 57 so they don't let you run away with the tournament. Then you're contending for tournament wins at 47 under par. Just not realistic and not a lot of fun.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Someone in my office wondered if the game has Paula Creamer, Michelle Wie, et al, and if they can be used on Augusta.

5. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Interesting question.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Same thing with the other EA games (football, hockey, etc). It gets old beating teams 65-12 after a while.

7. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for the Christine Brennan column on how she can play Augusta National on a video game, but can't be a member in real life.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I want to see John Daly on the course wearing his Blue Collar gear.

9. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I would totally be up for using Paula Creamer on Augusta.

Draft saved Draft deleted