1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for Sports Blogger!

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by detroitgoesbankrupt.com, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have a start up sports blog called detroitgoesbankrupt.com. Our blog is mainly composed of Detroit based teams, but we allow general sports posts about the NBA/NFL/MLB. We are looking for 2-4 bloggers-preferable with some blogging experience. The only rule we have is that you have to make at least 1 post a week. Please email humanresources@detroitgoesbankrupt.com if you're interested. In that email include: how many posts you can make a week, if you've ever blogged before, and a 400 word article. Thank you

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

3. The website is not making money at the moment, once it gets big enough then yes.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Someone should go back and find all the posts like this and update the status of the sites.

But I'm going to guess that zero of them went anywhere.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You want to start a web site/blog in Detroit and not include anything about the NHL or the Red Wings?

You obviously have no feel for the sports culture in the Detroit area and what the people are interested in.

Which means you are doomed for failure. Not to mention, the name doesn't help sell what you are trying to push.

6. we are looking for someone who knows Red Wings hockey. None of us know it well enough to cover it.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Shocking.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And yet your ad mentions nothing about an NHL/Red Wings writer.

What would make anyone interested in Detroit sports want to come to a web site called Detroit goes bankrupt?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I can see the headline now: detroitgoesbankrupt.com goes bankrupt

10. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Winner

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Locked. But not deleting (yet), just so other bloggers can get this point: DO NOT COME HERE UNTIL YOU CAN PAY FOR CONTENT.

If I had a buck for every one of these posts I've deleted in my years here, I could buy a few new golf clubs. I always message the poster that when they make it big and can pay $$$, they're welcome to come back and I'll sticky them to the top of the board. No takers yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.