1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for Jay Paterno career stats as a player...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Oct 7, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Guys, I have tried everywhere but have had no luck. He was a reserve QB from 1986-89 and lettered in 89.
    I cannot find the school's year-by-year stats, if anyone has any suggestions as to where to find it, I'd be most appreciative.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Can you get your hands on a PSU media guide from that era?

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Nope. I tried that as well.
    I was in school there from 1986-90, I tossed all the stuff I had from them long ago.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Perhaps you could it in here somewhere: http://www.collegian.psu.edu/back_issues/back_issues.aspx#more_back_issues

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Tried that - no box scores

6. Clever username

Did you try Jeff Nelson, the SID? He's a helpful fellow.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

That might be a step for later, I was going to avoid it because I hate bothering people like him with minor stuff like that during the season.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

86-90? Really? Welcome to my neighborhood...

On topic: Alumni Association. Football Letter. I don't have anything back that far, and only the last few years are online, but you could try getting in touch with John Black. Does the CDT have any kind of searchable archives?

Thought I might still have the '90 and '91 issues of Lion Football, but a quick search couldn't dig them out...

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Did he play QB? If so I know Tony Sacca was the starter in '88 and '89. Tom Bill also played a lot during that time as well.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

He lettered in 1989, but not sure how much playing time in his career he had.

11. Clever username

This makes brief mention of some playing time. No stats, though.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2000/11/11-18-00cm/11-18-00cm-6.asp

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah...I've tried all over for 1989 stats.

Draft saved Draft deleted