1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Look who's back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 26, 2011.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Absolutely cannot believe the audacity of someone who quit the only important job she's ever held less than halfway through her first term thinking she's qualified to be president. And I can't believe how many Americans fall for the act. One of history's all time political con artists.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Look, if you were a Republican pol, and you saw that Mitt Romney was the frontrunner, I don't care how unqualified you were, you'd be thinking about running. Weak fields create lots of entries. Look at the 2011 Preakness.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What's the old football saying? Something like: If you've got two quarterbacks, you don't have one quarterback.

4. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Yes, the economy will be the biggest deal, and I don't think that is good news for the Dems. The ACA does have some popular points...which is why they rolled those out first. But rates are still going up in anticipation of what is going to happen in 2014. It depends on how people see these rate increases...as either the insurance companies sticking it to the consumers while they still can or as the rates rising because the ACA is going to drive prices up, which has already began. It will be interesting to see how this will play out and I really look forward to the debates.

If gas is still $4.00 or more and unemployment remains around 9 percent Obama is toast. Especially since the 99 weeks of extensions for Unemployment compensation are almost up. That is when a lot of the unemployed will really feel the pinch.

But, yes, the economy will be the deal breaker. But as far as Obama's foreign policy chops, getting Bin Laden was a boost. However, his approval bump from that is almost already gone. I think Libyia is hurting him right now with a lot of the far left...but they will never vote for a Republican. Getting them to the polls, even though they are pissed, will be imperative for Obama.

This election should be fascinating.

5. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I think that's why we are seeing the Rick Perrys of the world crawling out of the woodowrk.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think the argument that the ACA didn't stop insurance rates from going up is like the argument that the stimulus did not help the economy. I think we should know by now that health costs are going to keep going up, almost no matter what we do. We just love to spend money on health care because, well, it's not like its OUR money!

The only fair comparison is between premiums with the ACA and theoretical premiums without the ACA.

Of course, voters don't always think that rationally.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

By the way, a little round of applause to the board for adopting "ACA" when this comes up instead of the loaded "Obamacare."

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today CNN had a poll of Republicans. Rudy Giuliani (!!!) led it, and he led with the crushing total of 17 percent. This is an indication the nomination is completely up for grabs, with Republican voters changing their minds on a close to hourly basis. Palin has equal POLITICAL qualifications (if not governmental qualifications) for running as does Rudy.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh please God let the GOPbaggers nominate those two dingbat bitches on the same ticket.

Show the world you've turned your whole machine over to the Cuckoo-For-Cocoa-Puffs brigade.

The Whigs need company.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it's not like she was halfway into her first term as senator.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Come on... That's just ridiculous.

If you don't like Giuliani, that's fine, but he's several thousand times more qualified to be president than Palin is. He's also several hundred thousand times smarter than she is.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

uh yeah well some people resign offices to evade near-certain prosecution and conviction for ethics crimes and to allow themselves to cash in on the celebrity gravy train, and some people resign offices to serve as the president of the united states

Draft saved Draft deleted