1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Locust coming soon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Aug 29, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

My wife set up the TiVo to record some show on MTV overnight. I flip on the tube this morning and it's still tuned to MTV. I'm talking on the phone, not paying attention and all I see on the screen is some dude just terrorizing some song. It's obviously some reality shit, so I start to turn it. But as I do, I notice the title of the show at the top of the screen: "My Nick Lachey."

Good ever-loving God.

Apparently, from the 30 seconds I watched of this absolute shit, the point of the show is some girl takes three guys and tries to make them into "her Nick Lachey." They were in some recording studio with this professional record guy, who looked as if he were on the verge of committing a quadruple murder/suicide, and these three guys were getting tips on "how to be Nick Lachey."

I'm telling you, the end of the world is drawing near.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Why in god's green earth would your wife want to record anything on MTV??

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

A fine question. There was some show she saw a commercial for that she thought she wanted to see. But like everything else on MTV, that was screwed up, too. Apparently, they don't go by the schedule very well on the music network, so the TiVo caught the final 10 minutes of some the show that was on before the one she wanted and lost the final 10 minutes of her show.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I think after "her Nick Lachey" sings the song, she is supposed to become way more famous than him and start banging skateboarders before dumping him entirely.

Draft saved Draft deleted