1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Locked Up Abroad' on Nat Geo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, May 21, 2008.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Anyone ever watch this? I'm addicted. It's a fun show, seeing how these people all thought they could get away with drug smuggling, except, so far, for the one boat owner who didn't know what he was getting into and the motorcyclist captured by rebels in Colombia.

But I must say, I'm traveling overseas next month, and this show's got me scared that I'm somehow going to end up spending the next 10-15 in a Greek prison. I keep telling my wife, when we go to leave some drug smuggler's going to sneak a bunch of cocaine, or opium, or something into my bag and call his compadre in the US and tell him to look for the tall, goofy looking blonde guy that gets off Flight XXX and steal his bag. But instead of that, I'll get stopped at Greek customs and go straight to prison as a drug smuggler, because it's not like they'll believe me when I say I have no idea whose drugs those are.

And then my wife tells me I'm a 'moran.'

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nat Geo used to be cool — when it was National Geographic Channel and had more than prison shows to offer.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kinda like how the Travel Channel used to be cool before it became the Poker, Vegas and Disney channel.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Midnight Express, my friend ...

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

The 'Air Emergency' series on Natl. Geo. about airline crashes is also really interesting and addicting.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

My card won't work there -- they're not on the Plus system.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

BOSCO!

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

"Locked Up Abroad" has been good, but I've only seen two or three shows. I'm amazed by the number of people who risk their lives with such stupidity and think good 'ol Uncle Sam will come to their rescue and they'll be home soon with only a slap on the wrist to show for it.

9. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Air Emergency is pretty cool, even if it's just for an aviophobe like me; Locked Up Abroad was cool the one time I saw it, but hardly something I'll clear the schedule for. The best thing I've seen from them was Lisa Ling's visit to North Korea, though that was a one-off thing.

I find a far better lineup on Discovery, History and HD Theater.

Draft saved Draft deleted