1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Local Water Tower Marks 50th Year As Repository Of Information On Who's A Slut

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by expendable, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I loved the headline, but I hate watching video clips. I wish they'd done it as text.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Here you go.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/you-know-i-used-to-be-kind-of-cool-once,10932/

The best line, for me, is this one:

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I died reading this one.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-economy-grinds-to-halt-as-nation-realizes-money,2912/

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Thanks...you rock...more than Sting.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

From 2004:

"Bush addresses 8.2 million unemployed: 'Get a job'

WASHINGTON, DC—Calling the unemployment rate unacceptable, Bush told Americans Monday to get off their duffs and find a job."

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Buck, you're depriving yourself of hours of entertainment by not watching Onion TV clips. They're amazing.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have not watched the "How do We Help Kids Who do not Give a Shit" video, watch it.

It is fantastic.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

We had a premier who actually did that, except he didn't do it so eloquently.

Ralph Klein -- also known as King Ralph -- who ruled Alberta from 1992-2006 had a bit of a drinking problem -- to put it lightly. At one point in the early 2000s he got liquored up, wandered into an Edmonton homeless shelter in the middle of the night, picked a fight, and told them all to get off their asses and get a job. He then threw change at them.

Nobody will ever top the King.

His life before politics? he was a reporter in Calgary. He did the profession proud.

10. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I had a chance to meet him. He did retail politics real well without coming across as a cheese. I bet he could run tomorrow and win.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ralph was one of a kind. He REALLY was a politician you'd like to have a beer with. Or, in his case, a dozen.

If he was Premier now, he'd beat up Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty just for fun.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My favorite -- http://www.theonion.com/content/news/bunch_of_phonies_mourn_j_d

Draft saved Draft deleted