1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LIVE: From the KHSAA State Wrestling Championships in Frankfort

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 17, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I know hardly anyone on here cares, but I'm starting a topic about the State Wrestling Championships.

We've had no upsets yet, but one of the state's top-ranked teams (one that's had a dynasty going for quite a while) is about to go down. Woodford County has won the last two state titles, but they're in either third or fourth right now. Union County is in first, North Hardin second, St. Xavier third (not sure on that) and my alma mater LaRue County is sixth.

It appears no one can catch Union County, but I'm just glad to see someone finally beating Woodford.

EDIT: I did this out of sheer boredom waiting for the 130-pound match, which is a regional championship match rematch between two kids in my coverage area. Hopefully the match that's going on now will be over soon.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That's okay...I read this out of sheer boredom :)

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love lamp.

I love lamp so much that I spent $135 on lamps yesterday. I have the world's darkest apartment, and I was trying to brighten the damned place up. It is almost bright in there now.

Oh, wait. . . I thought this was the random thoughts thread.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Let's make it the covert one.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

KYSW, I'm with you. Fuckabuncha Woodford County.

My dad used to work out in Versailles. Their girls soccer team was always good too. Country motherfuckers.

6. sportschick

I'm game if you are.

7. Clever username

Indeed I am.

8. Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Joey Bishop are rolling over in their graves after that bullshit Rat Pack song during All-Star Saturday warmups. How's that for random?

9. Clever username

Good start.

10. sportschick

I'm been watching the DVDs of Sportsnight. Sometimes I think I'm Natalie. It's a scary thing.

11. Clever username

Is that the brown-haired chick who dates the guy in the glasses?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hi guys! How's everyone doing tonight? All well? Glad to hear it.

Draft saved Draft deleted