1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LIVE from the DMV........Its Chef.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 20, 2019.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

One secret that I learned here.

Go to the neighboring rural county. NO lines.

With two teenagers, we have all sorts of permits, licenses to obtain or alter. Drove 28 miles to the neighboring county. In and out. Much better than playing the ticket lottery.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Echoing what exmediahack said, that was my only way to even get an appointment before my license expired.

My birthday is March 26. I called for an appointment last week of February, but earliest availability at my closest DMV was first week of May.

So I made an appointment for first week of March in the county 30 miles to the north.

I guess it's because of the century-old love affair with the automobile, but America is (surprise!) unique in that driver's licenses have always been THE accepted form of ID for almost any transaction. In other countries it's a national identity card or passport.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I live in a neighboring rural county. The only thing missing from the circus at our DMV was the guy with a shrunken head and a blue Brazilian pageant girl with slit wrists.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I scheduled a golf outing on Cape Cod so that I could go to the RMV office on the Cape rather than a Greater Boston one. It worked out OK. Would've been faster if the entire graduating class of some driver's ed school hadn't marched in en masse with their parents as I entered the office. Once the mob was put into a different line, all was well.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That was my problem. Nothing in a 50-mile radius was open sooner. I think everyone bails on San Jose to come to my neck of the woods to escape the insanity. That also means my DMV had nothing for months.

Draft saved Draft deleted