1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live from Rosenblatt Stadium ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

(This is the only acceptable use of the blue font)

Well I've arrived at the College World Series! My first one! Rice and Louisville are taking infield. Typical Nebraska June scorcher, it's about 86 degrees and baking like the Sahara. It could rain, but the radar doesn't indicate it now. If it rains, that just means more time for the blog!

From my seat in the press box, I can see the Omaha Zoo and I-80. When you drive into Omaha from Iowa, they have this cool Union Station locomotive overlooking the highway. The UP is everywhere here, it's like freaking Starbucks.

I stayed at the Hilton Qwest Center downtown, within easy walking distance of Omaha's Old Market. I'd like to say me and a colleague didn't go out and partake in a few beers and I'd like to say me and that same colleague didn't do a low-rent version of Pacman Jones "making rain" at a local club (it can rain $1's too you know), but I'd be lying. Did I just write that? Blogs are CRAZY! (just kidding about all that boss)

I was pretty hungover, but another colleague took me to the Greek Islands on Center Street west of the stadium. They make this feta burger there, you think it's going to just be some feta cheese sprinkled on top of a burger, but I'll be darned if the thing doesn't have an entire slice of feta topping it, with gyro meat to give it that Greek bacon double cheeseburger effect. Oopa! I'd tell my NCAA friends about it, but I might get busted.

Well just waiting for the action to start. The NCAA hasn't cracked down on me yet, so far, so good!

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

86 degrees and baking like the Sahara? Wow. That's hot.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Bubbler, raise a glass for me at the Upstream Brewing Company, and while you're at it order some pork pot stickers. I'm jealous.

And let me know if you need any help BLOGGING!!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah... we're all in on this... cept for Rules... we're gonna narc on him...

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bubbler, hoist a few Rosenblatts for me, too.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

DTGDTN!! [/NCAA]

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You'd better eat a few Omaha steakburgers from the stadium concession stand for Johnny D too, if I remember correctly.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I could use help from all of SJ.

Whoa! Some dude in a Rice hat just threw up on his girlfriend.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You mean ex-girlfriend!

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If anyone wants to make the 40-minute trip down I-80 into Lincoln, I'll buy a round.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hmm, the Old Market and Upstream Brews. Good times, good times.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

See, you can't get that from the NCAA's official Gametracker, and I'm betting you won't hear about it or see it on ESPN2 either!

Draft saved Draft deleted