1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Live BLOG!!!!: The premiere of Beverly Hills 90210!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Aug 19, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Repaired. ;D

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't date her, Brandon! She doesn't have a kid!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

All-time great line: "Put the gas in the ignition and step on the key."

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Zeke apparently has a life. Bastard.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh God. Since BYH and I live blogged the AT40, I have longed feared this day. What hath I wrought?

BYH, you're my live blogging brother and all, you always will be, but I cannot condone this trip down live blog memory lane. You cannot handle this kind of nostalgia. Think of yourself as an alien from Alien Nation. Beverly Hills 90210 is like that detergent shit they get fucked up on. This is too dangerous for you to handle.

I mean, where is this ultimately headed? Silly Peach Pit references, followed by multiple riffs on your sideburns, a descent in the darkness that is Brenda's backstage behavior, before you bottom out and live blog from the deepest recesses of a disturbed mind.

90210 is just the gateway drug. Soon, you'll be waxing nostalgic on SJ about Parker Lewis Can't Lose Fox spots you remember from watching this back in '89 or whenever, and no one will know what the hell you're talking about. You'll be talking to yourself, and when everyone in the outside world gives you that WTF look, you'll be shooting them an evil and twisted WTF look back, because they don't understand that you've assumed the identity of the protagonist from Herman's Head.

It's a one-way ticket to a sanitorium where you crazily mumble the theme song to The Heights while so strung out on Lithium, you don't even notice you're ass rape fodder for the rest of the institution.

This cannot stand. I won't let this happen to my live blogging buddy!

We need to do another AT40 live blog stat, I don't even care if it's from the extreme early or late 80s. If for no other reason than you need to be de-programmed from this monster you cannot handle.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bubbler, I'm too far gone. I cannot be stopped.

However, I'd do another AT40 BLOG!!! in a heartbeat.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hey BYH, you BLOGGER!!!, are you sure you aren't living in your mother's basement? :D :D :D

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nah. She kicked me out finally. :D

Mr. Ridley needs to quit the Sanka.

9. KG

KG Active Member

Did car alarms ever really come with a beeper for the owner?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, it was 1990.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They still do --- at least, the high-end systems do.

An alarm with remote pager is also listed in the Harley-Davidson accessories catalog.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

How did I know that BYH wouldn't be able to go 60 minutes?

Draft saved Draft deleted