1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little League World Series alert: Tanner and the Bad News (A)-Bears

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not only is the Louisiana team at the Little League World Series from my hometown, but I'm an alumnus of the league and spent many a summer day at the ballpark they call home. Plus, I'm digging the fact that there's a Tanner at shortstop. Tanner Hebert (pronounced A-bear).

I'm calling out all you Missouri graduates who might think your boys from Columbia stand a chance against my boys. Oh, and Webby, I'll be bringin' it again when my alma mater opens the college football season against yours.

8)

2. WS

WS Member

I wish they hadn't walked the guy intentionally with two outs, but it didn't matter now.

That Louisiana kid pitched a hell of a game, as did the guy from Missouri.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Leadoff triple to start the ninth. :)

4. Johnny Dangerously

SAC fly.

J_D's hometown 1, Future Mizzou Grads 0. ::)

5. Johnny Dangerously

Apparently a tornado just went through Columbia, Mo. I hope nobody was hurt.

Erin Andrews used that news as an opportunity to, all cutesy like, suggest Missouri fans, who have been frantically working their cell phones for the last few minutes, could get updates from ESPN Mobile service. Shameless plug. Shameless.

Draft saved Draft deleted