1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little Debbie vs. Hostess

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Oct 23, 2013.

?

Do you prefer products from Little Debbie or Hostess?

1. Little Debbie

25 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Hostess

27 vote(s)
    44.3%
  3. You fat slobs are all going to die soon.

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wait, do they not make the orange cupcakes anymore?? That's devastating news, if true. I haven't tried to buy one in five years, but I rested assured of the knowledge that I could head to a gas station and pic up a pair anytime. Fuck, those things are good.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Someone with more time on their hands than I should do a Hostess vs. Little Debbie tournament.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Not completely for sure, but I think they are only around on a seasonal-type basis, like around Halloween/Thanksgiving.

I know I saw them when I was at the Gas-n-Sip earlier today.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Little Debbie destroys Hostess, even if you factor out the price difference.

5. joe

joe Active Member

You're fucked in the head. And I mean that in the best way possible. Little debbie has oatmeal cream pies and nutty bars. In everything else, hostess rules. The cupcakes alone cancel out oatmeal cream pies and nutty bars. And ho-hos are 10 times better than swiss cake rolls.

Little debbie rules in price, but hostess rules in taste. Every time.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Ho-Hos vs. Swiss Cake Rolls is so lopsided in Little Debbie's favor that it's ridiculous.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Those snacks are so good, the guitarist in Man or Astro Man took the name Star Crunch in their honor ... ;)

Star Crunch, Oatmeal Creme pies, Nutty Bars ...

Little Debbies rule.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Gack! [bill the cat]

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

This may be the most important philosophical thread ever posted on these boards.

I'm almost brought to tears by the frustration caused by trying to decide between my childhood staple -- the aluminum foil wrapped Ding Dong -- and my collegiate savior -- the Star Crunch.

Versatile... You bastard!

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This thread isn't over until The Big Ragu enters with thoughts from his slovenly youth.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Sorry, folks, but Hostess kicks Little Debbie's cute little ass in everything except (maybe) Oatmeal Creme Pies. And, yes, the Hostess Orange cupcakes are a near-orgasmic experience.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Drakes needs to be included. Funny Bones, Ring Dings and Devil Dogs, plus a decent fruit pie and coffee cake. Hostess cupcakes were very good, Sno Balls more of an acquired taste and I never liked Twinkies. I don't recall eveen sampling a Little Debbie product. They didn't distribute in my neighborhood.

Draft saved Draft deleted