1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

List of world’s most dangerous non-muslim extremists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Jun 21, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wingman gotcha on that one buddy. Did you even read the thread title?

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

I'm not going to lie, my first reaction on reading the first sentence of this was anger: Jews run the entire political spectrum?!?!?!

And then I realized I'm an idiot. ::)

I'm going to take a day or two off now.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bye, Wingman.

I think you need to go to re-education camp and learn the Liberal Way. :)

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Hey, re-reading what I wrote, I can't blame you for interpreting it that way. I originally wrote "run the breadth of the political spectrum," but wasn't sure that "breadth" was the right word. Perhaps "width" would have been a better choice. Oh well. Never mind.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wingman, see if you can buy a sense of humor while you take a day or two off.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one has mentioned Harvey Weinstein or Steven Spielberg. Oh, and Barbra Streisand. Everyone knows they control the world.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Back, but only for a second...

Leaving aside whether or not the original posst is anti-Semitic, surely you don't think it's funny, in any literal sense of the word. I mean...funny? Like...laughing? Really?

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

and Bloomberg......we all know he's planning on making Israel the 51st State if he ever calls the White House home.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't feel too bad. I read it the same way the first time. Then I read it again.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This thread went a lot better than the ones where I post overly analytical wonkish stuff... I'm starting to see the genius of Hondo, Yawn, etc.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, Righty-wingman....it was done in fun, as a spoof of all you Muslim-fearing wing-nuts.

12. IU90

IU90 Member

I don't think it qualifies as anti-semitism to at least raise a suspicious eye upon noticing that 1) virtually all of the founders and formative "thinkers" of Neoconservative ideology were Jewish; and 2) a central tenet of neo-conservatism appears to be absolute, unconditional and unflinching support of Israel. Can't help but occasionally wonder if 2 might be somehow related to 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted