1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsay Lohan appears to be doing great

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 18, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, other than that, of course....

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My first instinct would be to say that my family and my hobbies make me happy.

In reality, my happiness level is determined by my disposition (decided both by genetics and my upbringing) and the fact that I live in basic comfort with a basic social structure around me.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Those who say money can't buy happiness probably don't have any.

Money may not buy happiness but it let's me do things that make me and my family happy.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. You just THINK it does. You and the rest of the idiot human race. /ricksocrates

5. RickStain

Correct. But don't take my word for it, we've had several links to that effect from actual experts.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Not a response based in a logical reading of the facts:)

I am not by any means what someone consider wealthy but I do make a decent living at a job that I love.

If I was making 30% less I would not be as happy, if I was making 30% more I would probably be a titch happier as I could afford to do more things.

I lived to the amount of money I had when I was 25 and do the same now that I am older.

No Brinks truck ever followed a funeral so I am going to have as much freakin fun and cool experiences as I can afford (and some I can't)

7. RickStain

Here's an even better link on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/07/magazine/07HAPPINESS.html

Here's a quote from Tim Wilson, a University of Virginia pscyhologist who probably does not flip burgers on the side, so I think he's credible on the subject:

Making 30% more would make you a little happier for a little bit, but it'd disappear fast and you'd be right back where you are now.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only reason I feel sorry for her is because it's clear her parents destroyed her.

That said, a lot of people have idiot family members don't turn to drugs, but not too many people have their entire family trying to bank on their fame and career. I think you'd be hardpressed to find worse showbiz parents than what Lindsay had.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

JonBenet Ramsey?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

This thread is AWESOME.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm not intelligent enough to keep up.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gary Coleman's parents would be right up there. So would Michael Jackson's father.

Draft saved Draft deleted