1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lindsay Lohan + AA = no drinking problem

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't think Lindsay has a drinking problem. As best I can tell, her problem is stopping drinking.

2. I'm with 21 in that ... it's too bad that Lohan is headed this way with her life. She is such a beautiful girl with a great smile, and could have been a (very) rich man's Hilary Duff or fairly well-to-do man's Kirsten Dunst.

Instead, she's in the Post with "Bimbo" splashed across the art. And that isn't considered misleading. Too bad.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I've never thought she was particularly talented, endearing or attractive.

And I'm usually partial to redheads, which she was at least at some point (don't know if that's her color du jour or not.)

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Just let me have 20 minutes alone with a drunk Lyndsey. OK, 15.

Five.

5. There are people who think Meryl Streep sucks, too. Or that Elle MacPherson isn't sexy.

So it goes.

I think Lindsay Lohan is/was a beautiful girl. Not sexy. Just pretty and pleasant-looking and sunny. She coulda been something. I think 'er train done left the station.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No, you're right. Ms. Lohan was a really cute babe in 2004 or so...then she got too over exposed, lost all that weight and ended up in tabloid hell. Being that much in the public eye and having that much money and fame will screw up any 17-18 year old. Her parents/managers/handlers/etc. ought to be ashamed of themselves for not stepping in and getting her to put her life in order. They bear a lot of the blame for fact that she's 20 years old, in AA and being called a "bimbo" by the New York Post. She's going to have to do a lot of career rebuilding work, before serious directors and producers want to work with her again.

7. Anna Chlumsky and Sara Gilbert had no problems.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yeah, but they weren't on the cover of every magazine in America in the course of one year. Seriously, I went to a newsstand in late 2004 and Ms. Lohan was on the cover of Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly and one of the fashion mags. It was just silly (plus, the fact that she was 18 and half-naked on the covers is something that her parents/supervisors should have steered her away from.)

9. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Sometimes being ugly has its advantages, I guess.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You calling Anna Chlumsky ugly? Them's fighting words.

EDIT: By the way, a happy 26th birthday today to Anna.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I always liked Sara Gilbert for some reason.

12. Somebody knows Anna Chlumsky's birthday?
    This place is truly scary sometimes.

Draft saved Draft deleted