1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Linda Cohn hostess for the former Dan Patrick show today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I didn't think she was horrible....At least I didn't want to stick ice picks into my temples, like I want to when some of the others hosts (johnsiebel) are on. The spot she did with Jeffery Lynes was actually entertaining. It was nice to hear a host interview someone who wasn't "an ESPN insider" or one of their talking heads.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If she opened her mouth any wider she could blow King Kong, and his royal highness wouldn't know it.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Are all the people they are having fill that slot basically auditioning, or are they just throwing whoever they have available at that time in the studio?

4. boots

boots New Member

Yes, she does have a pretty mouth.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I don't know, but they did a similar thing a while back. Cohn, Scott Van Pelt and others filled in while he was away. Van Pelt was pretty good.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I like how we're not talking about the 800-pound gorilla in the room. Or other beast of burden.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

While google searching for a certain photo of Linda Cohn, I stumbled upon this and it was almost as funny:

[​IMG]

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Van Pelt would be my pick. He's one of the few that I can listen to for an hour and not drive off the road.

9. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I heard parts of the show today, IMHO she wasn't awful, but not great. I'd much rather listen to her than Siebel or STEVEN A. SMITH. When either of them are on I usually can't change the dial fast enough before my ears start bleeding.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry boys, but I think Linda gets better looking with age. In other words, I'd hit it.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

This makes two things hondo and I agree on.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Not true. I got her toe socks for her birthday and she's quite fetching in them.

Draft saved Draft deleted