1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh Would Like To Own St. L. Rams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jul 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, there has been no outcry or protest on this thread. Perhaps that is the little voices in your head.

People have used this to make fun of the guy.

Limbaugh has a history of drug addiction and at least one NFL-related controversy and even with his new contract, he does not have the finances to own a team, so I don't see how it is out of line to laugh at this idea.

But I'm sure your little voices will tell us.

Now, if he was trying to buy the Steelers, THEN I might get a little sick to my stomach. :)

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

You mean when the traded Eric Dickerson.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Rams died when Bob Waterfield retired.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The story linked at the beginning of the thread said basically the same thing about the money, that he would likely be in with a conglomerate of other businessmen.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

yeah, the dickerson debacle sucked. but the memory of 248 against the pokes in the playoffs burns forever.

it's great fun to be a lifelong usc fan. but the void is sunday. but i do love romo so i have that going for me.

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

If Rush treated Republicans the way he treated Democrats, you'd think Mark Cuban had just bought the Cubs.

8. outofplace

No, absolutely nobody would think that. Limbaugh doesn't have Cuban's cash or his track record as an owner who is willing to spend and knows how to maximize team profits. He built the Mavericks up from the dead. They may be full of fail come playoff time, but he has still taken them a long way.

Speaking of full of fail.....

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Teams are graded by their number of RINGS. The Mavs are just another decent team with NO RINGS.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sustained, insufficient defense will do that.

11. outofplace

So, you present Mark Cuban buying a team as a good thing until it no longer supports your argument. Then it is a bad thing. Any politician would be proud of those flip-flopping skills.

And your evaluation of Cuban's ownership of the Mavericks is a joke. They were a disaster financially and on the court when he bought the team. He has made them into one of the most valuable franchises in sports by strong financial management and he has given the team every opportunity to succeed. Have you ever once heard of the Mavericks having to back away from a move due to money? No. Never. Doesn't happen.

You fail again. Move along.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the finances to buy the team and he expressed hideous ignorance by talking about Donovan McNabb the way he did.

Those are legitimate non-political objections to his buying the team. And I don't think political objections to his buying the team are totally off base either.

Draft saved Draft deleted