1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh urges supporters to vote for Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So he's a fraud, but he's their fraud?
    I'll buy that.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fatman's retained popularity largely rests on folks' abject joy derived from the process of having their own particular prejudices played back to them on the radio.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow...and here I thought it was about selecting the right person for the country. Ladies and gentleman, I give you an America hater in Rush Limbaugh...

"We need Barack Obama bloodied up politically. It's obvious that the Republicans are not going to do it, they don't have the stomach for it," Limbaugh continued. "This is the presidency of the United States we're talking about. I want our party to win I want the Democrats to lose.”

Yes, Rush, it is the presidency of the United States. The entire U.S., not just the portion who listens to your hatred.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, if nothing else, Hondo provides us with our daily dose of unintentional comedy.

If he had a brain, he'd eat it.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hate how all conservatives stereotype liberals.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not all conservatives are like that, but a goodly number swallow the FatMan/Boy Blunder party line, with no deviation. Man, it's IMPOSSIBLE to swallow either the straight liberal OR conservative talkingpoint lists. Anyone who follows right down the line, isn't doing the work.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That is indeed one of the most unintentionally ridiculous things I've ever seen Hondo type. Thanks for preserving it Zeke.

Hondo, put aside all the rhetoric, ratings and everything else and answer this one question: based on his on-air diatrabes against drugs, then given his drug use past, how is Rush NOT a hypocrite?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ben, Ace was going for the funny, there. Trust me.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Just fooling, Mr. Hecht. Some of my best friends are conservatives.

OK. Maybe "creditors" would be a better term than friends.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hear ya. But felt like making a point which needed to be made. Play on.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've got more than enough brain for you big boy ... your problem, and that of others on this board, is that when my brain doesn't conjure up opinions that are in lockstep with yours, the automatic assumption is that you're smarter than the rest of us. It's arrogant bullshit of the highest order.
    And I can never figure out one thing: for example, I don't like Michael Moore. I don't agree with him. But I'm not angry at him for having opinions other than mine. You people not only disagree with Rush Limbaugh, et al, but you're really angry, frustrated, petulant and in general very upset that he even exists.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not to start another screed here, because this subject went on for about 12 pages once. But since you asked, I'll tell you: being addicted to prescription drugs that were legal at some point in your own personal process is a world apart from being addicted to illegal drugs such as crack, and often committing crimes of mayhem to support the habit. It's not the same, in my opinion. I'm sure you people will disagree, mainly because you'll grope for anything possible to discredit Rush. But at least he started out obtaining the drugs legally, for a legtimate medical reason. The day someone buys his first bit of crack or cocaine, he starts out breaking the law.

Rush made mistakes. He committed a crime. The legal system rendered judgement. But he was light years away from some criminal sticking up a liquor store to get crack money.

Guess what guys: you can disagree and I won't call you stupid. Too bad some of us aren't extended the same courtesy.

Draft saved Draft deleted