1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh urges supporters to vote for Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Cheerleader extraordinaire, too.

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

You know, people talk every election about this stuff, like liberals try to get folks to cross over and vote for a conservative who would fare poorly in the general election. I don't think a whole hell of a lot of people actually do that. I can't imagine why you would vote for someone you can't stand. And God knows...McCain's campaign could crash and burn and all these right wing dipsticks would be stuck with President Hillary Clinton. (Just like all those left wing nutcases could have been stuck with President Mitt Romney).
    Of course, I'm certain that Big Pharma votes staight Democratic every time out to keep the money rolling in. It's a lot easier to beat up on Democrats than to deal with serious issues that bring up conflict in the GOP, like immigration. Hell, he would be nuts not to vote for Democrats.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Remember when he said he's a piece of lint and has no real bearing in American politics?
    Must have been pre-drugs.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You can wish it were so. But check the ratings and ad revenue. Not. Going. Anywhere.

And it seems to me all he's wishing for is a contested convention. I think most people in the media would love to see that -- just like sportswriters want to see a close Super Bowl.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, it could be Hillary vs. Hitler. I don't care as long as it's close.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And the Patriots were hoping the Giants would beat the Packers b/c they thought it would give them a better chance to win the Super Bowl ...

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

A couple posts below what you quoted, friend.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Without Hillary or a far-right conservative anywhere on the fall ballot, the Limbaughs and Hannitys of the world aren't going to have much of a drum to beat.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Six hours of marginalization, every weekday.

With the same three ads, endlessly recycled on WABC.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

What's so miraculous about Limbaugh - and is the genius of the American right in general - is that they're still playing the victim after forty years in the ascendant. Doesn't matter where the facts point, or what the state of the world might be, or which two candidates oppose one another in the fall - Mom and her apple pie are always under siege by the dark forces of "liberalism."

11. pallister

pallister Guest

When Clinton won in '92, Limbaugh wasn't going to be relevant because no one would listen to him with a Democrat in power. When Bush won in 2000, Limabugh wasn't going to be relevant because no one would listen to him with a Republican in power. You see where I'm going vis a vis his relevance?

And jg, all due respect, but a liberal complaining about any group playing the victim is rich.

12. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Regardless of what happened in '92 or 2000, Limbaugh has proven himself to be the hypocrite of the highest order. That should have challenged his relevance more than anything else, especially since his whole persona is susposed to be that of a straight shooter.

Draft saved Draft deleted