1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Limbaugh urges supporters to vote for Hillary

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Mar 3, 2008.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

March 3, 2008
    Limbaugh urges listeners to vote for Clinton
    Posted: 04:51 PM ET

(CNN) – As Hillary Clinton battles to keep her presidential bid alive, she may be getting help from an unlikely source: conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh has been actively urging his Texas listeners to cross over and vote for Clinton in that state's open primary Tuesday, arguing it helps the Republicans if the Democratic race remains unsettled for weeks to come.

"I want Hillary to stay in this…this is too good a soap opera," Limbaugh told fellow conservative talk-show host Laura Ingraham on Fox News Friday. He reiterated the comments on his Monday show and replayed the exchange with Ingram.

He also said Clinton is more willing than the Republican National Committee and John McCain's campaign to criticize Barack Obama.

"We need Barack Obama bloodied up politically. It's obvious that the Republicans are not going to do it, they don't have the stomach for it," Limbaugh continued. "As you probably know we're getting all kinds of memos from the RNC saying we're not going to be critical. Mark McKinnon of McCain's campaign said he'll quit if they get critical over Obama. This is the presidency of the United States we're talking about. I want our party to win I want the Democrats to lose.”

In January, liberal Daily Kos blogger Markos Moulitsas urged readers in Michigan to vote for Mitt Romney in the GOP primary for similar reasons. Romney went on to win Michigan, though exit polling showed Democrats who voted in that primary favored McCain.

On his Monday show, several listeners appeared dismayed that Limbaugh was urging them to support the New York senator.

"Wouldn't you love to cream Hillary though…why are you so afraid of her? Look at how ineptly she has campaigned against Obama," Limbaugh responded to one listener who said she wanted to see Clinton out of the race immediately.

"I'm asking people to cross over, and if they can stomach it and I know it's a difficult thing to do, vote for Clinton," he also told Ingraham Friday. "But it will sustain this soap opera, and it's something I think we need and it'll be fun, too."

Several recent polls suggest Clinton is statically tied with Obama in Texas, and the New York senator's campaign has characterized Tuesday's vote as a crucial test of strength.

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Without Clinton, the windbag has nothing to talk about.

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Why is Limbaugh still relevant? He should have disappeared with the Macarena, Sega Genesis and Pogs.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"It's obvious the Republicans are not going to (bloody up Barack Obama politically) . . . they don't have the stomach for it."

Gee, Fatman . . . after your laughably-coded remarks regarding Donovan McNabb, it's clear you don't have the nerve, either.

C'mon, Tubbo. Be our guest. Feeling lucky?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ratings?

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I find it deeply disturbing that Limbaugh would "love to cream Hillary."

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The truth is, however, criticism is a gauntlet every politician must go through, be him or her Republican or Democrat, black, brown, white or purple. Hiding behind the victim card on the basis of race is just as weak as what Hillary was accused of doing as a woman candidate.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Sure, but I'm curious how the Screaming Man schtick can still be popular when the politicians he supports controlled every facet of government the last half-decade+. That, and him being proven a hypocrite with the drug issue.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I suspect BO will stand up very well against any attempted racial assults, thanks . . . better than Fatman could, if pitted against a collection of sharp minds looking askance at RL's broad history of selective fact recall in support of his frequently-grotesque positions.

Dropping the deuce . . . excellent work!

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That should be Limbaugh's eventual tombstone inscription right there.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Awwww . . . he's an entertainer. Just ask him.

Draft saved Draft deleted