1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lil' Romeo to play basketball for USC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

If that's how he played wouldn't someone like Jason Kidd or Nash have been a better comparison. I don't think many people come out to see AI and go away disappointed because he didn't shoot enough.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-usc-lilromeo&prov=ap&type=lgns

Lil' Romeo is headed to Southern California to play basketball.

The teenage hip-hop performer signed a national letter of intent to attend USC on Monday at a news conference held at a posh hotel near Beverly Hills.

OK, it's official I guess.

I blasted him a little while back on this thread, but I do know a few things.

1. This will be a fun/trainwreck team if he plays on the same court as Mayo. How do you set up an offense around egos the size of Jupiter?

2. I am so glad I did not go to USC. How do you endure the jokes?

3. Whose house will be nicer when they attended USC? Romeo's or Reggie Bush's

Just as an FYI...

Demar Derozan SF 6-6 200 Compton, CA SF #2 (overall) 92 (grade)Insider Only
    Romeo Miller PG 5-11 160 Los Angeles, CA 40 Insider Only
    Malik Story SG 6-4 200 Mouth of Wilson, VA SG #20 88 Insider Only

Romeo was not even graded. I think the "top 15 recruit" line or whatever it was may have come from DMZ Recruiting.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Chuck and Romeo can go back door, do a little prick and roll and I'm sure go get into the double high post. Watch those hand checks!

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Just a side note:
    About 4 years ago (that's when they were in middle school) his school was in the same league as the school my kid went to. We played our games at a church multi-purpose gym across the street from our school -- you know, seating for a couple dozen, one row of chairs on one side of the court, cheerleaders up on a stage at one end.
    He didn't show up for the game because he said we didn't have enough security to suit him.

5. 93Devil

Oh how I wish that he and Mayo play on the same team for one year.

It might happen because with the insane freshman crop this year, there is a chance he would not even be a consensus top-five pick.

6. 93Devil

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/-Lil-Romeo-s-underwhelming-USC-career-comes-to-a?urn=ncaab,242862

I wonder if he got an agent or is he leaving his options open?

He's leaving school for the draft, right?

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I forgot what an astute talent evaluator ole Chuck was.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Kudos to 93 for remembering this old thread. That's message board etiquette, right there.

9. 93Devil

I really think it's nice that his NBA team is allowing him to go on DWTS.

I just hope this doesn't hurt his HOF hopes down the road.

10. New thread: Is Lil' Romeo a Hall of Famer?

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Imagine if he stayed for all four years. If.....

Draft saved Draft deleted