1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lil' Jeffy Wilpon to Mets fans: You and your memories mean nothing to me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Inside the tight cab sat J. W. Colucci, an operating engineer.

How does it feel, he was asked, to be wrecking Shea?

“Sometimes,” Colucci said, a smile on his dusty face, “it feels better than sex.”

Ummm.....what?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wasn't all that a Tuesday night in June against the Expos?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That may be so but it has an even greater significance to me. This is where I met my wife. That's something these people do not understand -- will never understand. You see these rivers and valleys and streams ... fields, even towns ... they're just markings on a map to those people. To us, oh my goodness, they're birthplaces and burial grounds, places where you and I learned to walk, to talk and to pray, places where we made friendships and, oh yes, fell in love. And they're the incarnation of all our memories and all that we are. All that we are.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

As long as this makes BYH unhappy, it's all good to me.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

As a Met fan who took the 7 to Shea more times than I can count, I was not offended by this article or Wilpon's attitude.

I just hope the new place doesn't have the feel of some luxury hotel with a baseball field inside it.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It will never, ever be the same. The weirdos that made Shea awesome already are being deselected.

Draft saved Draft deleted