1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Like it or not, the X-Files are back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Should Coco, Jan 21, 2016.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Since I work Monday night, I have to watch online later in the week ... so I won't look at this thread until after I watch it!

I would say of the five previous episodes, No. 4 was a bit of a clunker for me (the "monster of the week" plot was almost an afterthought). I've enjoyed the others, though.

And there's been plenty of foreshadowing about what (or who) will happen tonight.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Didn't get to watch the finale. Maybe tomorrow.
    Last week's episode was weak.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster was my favourite episode. It was the Pilot and Finale that I enjoyed least.

Ace likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The bookends weren't the best of the six-episode show, but damnit, I have to watch when it returns. Normally I would know that Mulder would survive into the next season, but now I don't know. Einstein and Not Mulder look like they will take over the X-Files, so killing off Mulder may propel that. And is Not Mulder the long lost child?

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Isn't their kid like 14? Maybe aliens made him age fast.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I forgot about that point. Yeah, that makes it seem unlikely. Just they way they were approaching it, I thought the big reveal was going to be Agent Not Mulder (sorry, I can't remember his name) was going to be their kid. I guess now there's going to be some other way they stumble across him.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, they're gonna make more, right? Kinda left us hanging.

Six episodes were uneven, but liked it overall.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Meh. One very good episode and five ok to bad.

I'm not picking it back up if it moves to a full series.

Draft saved Draft deleted