1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Like it or not, the X-Files are back

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Should Coco, Jan 21, 2016.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What terrible special effects. Looked like they hadn't updated any FX since the original series.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I do hope last night set the rest of the season up nicely.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And pretty hot.

4. 93Devil

It was too much talking and putting me to sleep. I trudged through it, but was disappointed.

For those of you who missed the series back in the day, it was amazing. It was great TV before there really started being a lot of great TV.

Many of the old shows could stand alone by themselves because they were not about aliens, which I thought dragged the show down, but about crazy shit that would roll across their desks.

I'm sure many board members here could point people in the direction of great episodes, but this one has always stood out to me.

5. 93Devil

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Recorded but haven't watched it yet.

I sympathize with Anderson on the issue of salary, but the idea that the show ended because of 9/11 and the Bush administration is just kooky talk.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I liked the show last night, but I felt like they were trying to cram too much into one hour and it got convoluted. Still pretty good.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Count me as one who liked it. Like the change in direction. I was entertained.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The entire point of the scheduling is to have it bump up against the end of the football game. They want the football audience at the start of the show.

10. Spartan Squad

Won't someone think of the nerds? Schedule it so they don't have to watch footba ... yeah I can't finish they one with a straight face. That rant was more because I was recording it based on it starting at 7.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like everyone forgot about the second episode tonight. The "monsters of the week" were a lot more overt in using their powers than I remember from back in the day.

12. Spartan Squad

DVR'd it and just saw it. Loved it. Harkened back to the original series very well and it was nicely cohesive. I'm intrigued by Mulder and Scully's child story line. Will love to see where they go with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted