1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Life"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bristol Insider, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Anyone watch the new NBC show "Life?" ... Great premise and tremendous acting by Damian Lewis ("Band of Brothers")

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

When's it on?

3. I disagree. I thought the lead role was completely miscast. They went with a David Caruso lookalike rather than someone who actually fit the role.

Couldn't make it through the first episode ...

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Are you f***ing kidding me? Do you even know who Damian Lewis is? Caruso isn't fit to do his laundry. And they look nothing alike, save the red hair, which is dyed in Lewis' case.

This is my favorite new show of the season. I hope it finds an audience (despite a tough time slot) so it gets a chance to play itself out.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

I wasn't sure if this thread was about Life cereal (Mikey likes it) or the board game "Life".

Never mind.

6. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

I thought it was about the Eddie Murphy/Martin Lawrence movie.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Saw it last night... is different. And Damien Lewis is far better than David Caruso... then again, so is my dog.

8. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Right after "The Junction Boys."

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I saw it last night and enjoyed it, mostly. I missed the series premiere, so I missed a good bit of the premise. I assume that Damian Lewis' character was arrested years ago and let out recently because he was falsely accused and sentenced for a murder. And now he's trying to figure out who did it.

But I liked it. And I agree with those who said Lewis is a good actor. I've been hooked on his acting since I watched Band of Brothers. The man is good. And David Caruso couldn't hold Lewis' left testicle.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I am a big fan of the board game. It always sucks when you hit a mid-life crisis and have to lose all of your money. I usually end up in Millionaire Estates though. I loved being an artist making $100K. But then that damn "change salary cards with any player" shafted me whenever I had a salary under that. Anyone else send the spinner straight off the board when trying to have a big spin?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Or "Life" the magazine.

Draft saved Draft deleted