1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life takes a turn for the weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Asphyxiation can be a turn-on for some people.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Well ... and here's a thought ... how do we know her mouth is a virgin? Hmmm?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Then don't let the V stop you now.

Give it another two weeks, see where you are and where she is. Then have a discussion with her. Is she prospecting for a husband, or just enjoying your company? Are you starting to fall for her, or suffering from epic blue balls?

But it's too soon to cut bait and run.

Hell, she might even be lying about being a virgin just to see what your objectives are right now.

4. Do virgins and non-virgins never work out? I know some who have.
    I'm not saying it would or wouldn't in this case. I don't know. Nobody on this thread has any real idea, and I doubt even Jay or Ms. Virgin do either.
    I'm just saying even major differences in values shouldn't be an automatic killer.
    I don't know all of Jay's ideas. If he believes people should have orgies at every opportunity, I might change my tune, but I don't think, based on what he's said, he couldn't have a great relationship with this woman if he is willing to make what is obviously a sacrifice to see what happens.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

I've been told that eatin' ain't cheatin' and suckin' ain't fuckin'.

I have such poetic friends ...

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Agreed, to an extent. It depends on your priorities. If it's a "value" you can compromise on, sure. If it's a dealbreaker -- and we've had that thread, so nobody start it again! -- then not so much.

If sex is something that's important to him, then maybe he can see where it goes. Or maybe it's a dealbreaker.

I don't know either of them, so it's not for me to say. Just saying: a major difference in values usually isn't a good sign for a healthy relationship.

7. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I'm not sure if i'd even want to hang out with a 30-plus virgin. maybe it's just me tho. i'd run and hide no matter how much fun the conversation is.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Can't disagree with that. :D

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Sex is important in a relationship. Damn straight it is. But it's only been a week ... maybe two? It just seems a little early to be cutting her off, so to speak, if they're still in the getting-to-know you stage.

But, as has been said, if it is that big of a deal -- and I'm not saying that's good or bad, it's totally a personal choice -- then cut her loose and move on.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dated a woman who was into that once... was a wee bit too much for me...

And yeah, I thought about the mouth too.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

And at what point does she have to make a sacrifice to "see what happens"? Or would she already be sacrificing by being in a relationship with a heathen?

12. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Got to say, anyone who will wait until they're married to have sex for the first time with the person they will have sex with for the rest of their lives is a bigger gambler than I could possibly imagine.

Draft saved Draft deleted