1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life takes a turn for the weird

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Coffee's holding up, too.

2. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

I think it would just be wrong (if not almost ironic) to lock a thread about virgins.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"After reading this thread, I've rethought the whole '72 virgins in paradise' thing."

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

moddy, i think someone needs a hug. come give tom petty a hug.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Me too.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

So's your face.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Swing and a miss.

8. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

So Jay, what the hell have you decided to do?

9. a_rosenthal

a_rosenthal Guest

Finish on her grill.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll be having a salad if that's the case.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

grille

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My last girlfriend before I met my wife was (initially) a 35-year-old virgin. Attractive, normal woman. It wasn't a religious thing -- she just didn't want to do it until she was in a relationship that meant something, and she hadn't had one.

When she first told me, I admit my first inclination was to run like hell. But when I stopped to think, I was like, what would that say about me? She's a great girl, so I stayed with it. It was weird, but not as much as I'd have expected. I decided the only way it would work is if I didn't push and just let her work it out. But at the same time the idea of taking her virginity after that much time felt HUGE.

After a few months, one night it was just right. It was New Year's Eve, and I had just flown in from covering the 2003 Holiday Bowl and spent some hotel points on a suite. Don't know why I remember that. The relationship didn't last, but we parted amicably and I hope she at least remembers it fondly and is OK with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted