1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life on Mars finale

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Who else stayed with this until the end? The finale was certainly a major, major leap, but I was OK with it. They were given little notice to wrap it up, and got creative. If they'd had three or four more seasons to work through the mythology, it might have been different. But I thought the ending they came up with was fun.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Mentioned it on the ER thread - I thought it was okay for a quick wrap-up. Loved the final shot of the shoe hitting the red dirt. Good stuff.

3. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I was OK with it. My sister and brother-in-law both thought it was terrible, but they know more about the original BBC version than I do.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I know nothing of the original, which probably helps. I assume they had more time to wrap it up. It would be like they if did a foreign version of Lost and had to wrap it up in one season.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, to be fair, the original only had 16 episodes, but that's mainly because BBC series don't have that long a run per series, and in a situation drama like this tend to wrap up relatively quickly.

The sequel, Ashes To Ashes, is currently airing on BBC America.

Draft saved Draft deleted