1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life long grudges or I would still kick his ass.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a list ...

[​IMG]

Guy from college.
    Older guy who embarrassed me professionally two years ago. Haven't seen him since.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I had a couple of frenemies growing up. There were only about a half-dozen kids our age in the neighborhood, so most of us hung out together. Being the smallest and the weakest, though, I often got picked on (looking back, I understand why, but it was still brutal).
    You know how they say the best thing you can do is stand up to a bully and fight back? Yeah, that doesn't work when you're a 4-foot-9, 90-pound high school freshman.
    There were a lot of little things they did to me, but this was the worst. Maybe even the one that pushed my life in a totally different direction.
    We got to high school and me and one of the frenemies were in the same grade and the same lunch. So, first day of freshman year, I go to sit with him. Only he'd gotten some friends in the cool clique and they want nothing to do with me. I sit down, and a minute later they get up and move to another table. I get up and go to the new table, they get up and move to a different one and laugh at me. Next day the same thing happens. I don't care about them, I'm just trying to sit with the one person I know in this lunchroom, but he got up with them. I finally get the hint and slink into social outcast mode, and start hanging with the stoners outside every day after finishing my lunch. I knew one or two of them from a few years back. They were pretty cool, or at least didn't give a shit if I sat with them.
    Fast forward one year. Frenemy's brother, who was a year behind us, pulls the same stunt. And, meanwhile, outside of school they wanted to pretend like none of this was going on. They actually wondered why I didn't want to hang out with them any more.

Fast forward to my senior year. I get my license in September, and a week or two later those two dickwads come out of the woodwork. They want to hang out for some reason, and I want to take the car out, so I say sure. The three of us and my new best friend (ironically, who I met because we all sat at one of the outcast tables at lunch) go out to one of those big arcade/entertainment type places with video games, rock walls, etc.
    It's going on 25 years and to this day one of my life's regrets is that I didn't leave them there and let them walk home. Probably would have caused more problems than it solved in the short term, but damn if that didn't cross my mind to do it.

Frenemy No. 1, I've sort of made my peace with. We share some common interests, especially sports, and are now 2,000 miles apart. He can't hurt me anymore.
    His brother, though, is a total dick. He surfaces once or twice a year on Facebook and messages me trying to dredge up old stuff and rub it in my face. I think he thinks he's trying to reconnect. It's immature and pathetic, and I think he's become a total loser which gives me great satisfaction. Life has taken revenge for me.
    In a lot of ways, I should probably even be grateful. Those incidents helped me make a clean break from them and their bullying and sent my life in a much more positive direction. Probably would not be where I am today if that hadn't happened.

Still, if you gave me two minutes, a baseball bat, and no consequences whatsoever, I would gladly cave in their fucking throats and go Negan times 10 on their ass. There's a little ball of hate in there that's hard to fully let go of.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Next time leave those assholes at the arcade.

Batman likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The ultimate revenge, perhaps? This aired on a Boston radio station last month. NSFW. Very well might have been staged.

One guy friend-requested me three times before (I hope) he got the hint. What a prick.

Batman likes this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This kind of behavior is why you have a 49 percent FAIL rating on Rate My Professors.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fred Brown for throwing the ball to James Worthy in 1982.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I kinda respect his roll. I mean, it's totally dickish, but I found myself laughing at the fact he asked everyone for gas money on his last day. He didn't go out on his belly, so there's that

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I covered Georgia Tech basketball one spring during the Cremins era and Buzz decided that I (and another guy) would be his target at "The Big Tit." He'd do the sprint-and-dive-over-the-press-table bit right over us (knocking our shit over, etc.). He'd jump up on the press table (precisely at our spots) and lead cheers. I know he'd decided on us as targets because even though our seat locations would vary, he always managed to find us for his antics.

One day he jumped on our table, knocking our shit everywhere, and I had had enough. It was a long timeout and I reached up, untied his shoelaces and then tied the shoes together. He hadn't noticed, and when play resumed and he jumped down, Buzz had himself a nice little tumble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.