1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life long grudges or I would still kick his ass.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Iron_chet, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The fighting thread got me thinking of the times I was beat up as a kid. I also remembered that there was a big family of 13 kids down the street. Their mother was paid to baby sit me and I was friends with the boys and girls my age.

One of the older brothers and his friend would always take my bike and torment me. I remember thinking that one day I will be stronger and I will track you down and get my revenge. I was bored one day at work and googled his name and found his obituary from back in the early 2000s. Looks like he overdosed after being in and out of jail.

He was a piece of shit as a kid and it looks like he was a piece of shit as an adult however he did leave behind a daughter which made me sad. I doubt I would've kicked his ass if we crossed paths but some grudges run deep.

Anyone you would fuck up today if you had the chance?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I would beat the snot out of my 21- and 25-year-0ld selfs.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Open the fucking politics thread.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Do we know the same guy? This guy who was an asshole to me more than once in HS I found out not too long ago died in like 2009. Very little detail. Sounded like a drug overdose to me. It made me happy.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Charles Smith

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The guy in the dorm room next to mine freshman year of college who played The Doors on a 24-hour loop, smelled like he bathed in cabbage water, left bowls with food particles sitting on the bathroom vanity and started stealing the care packages family sent me.

I am the world's least violent person. I have the temperament of a chill golden retriever. But that guy...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Gannett board room.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

No there's no one I would beat up -- mostly because I am small and unathletic and probably couldn't anyway.

But one phenomenon I don't understand is that of people I knew and despised long ago (and who felt the same about me) trying to friend me on Facebook.

I didn't like you then. What makes you think I want to be "friends" with you now?

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That is a weird phenomenon. Related: Just because you seek forgiveness doesn't mean the other person is obligated to give it, and it doesn't mean they're now the problem. You shouldn't have been an asshole in the first place. It's on you.

X-Hack likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.