1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life After People on History (Channel)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by highlander, Jun 17, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Has anyone seen this show. It's really interesting.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

A truly fascinating show... proof that someone at History Channel still has a brain and a desire to show something with a historical bent.

Don't know who's idea this was, but this is the best new show they've thrown out there in quite some time. It really is interesting, especially the one the other night about Vegas and Atlantic City.

3. highlander

highlander Member

Trying to catch up on old episodes on DVR. Really interested to see the Vegas one. That is one of my favorite cities.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They turned it into a series? I saw the two-hour special a few months ago, never knew it was now a series.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

It's really weird. Intriguing, but weird.

6. highlander

highlander Member

It's very weird. I'm always wondering, what happened to all the people? Where are there bodies?

7. highlander

highlander Member

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I asked my wife -- the historian who turned me onto the show -- about this. She astutely pointed out that what happened to the people ISN'T the story. It's what happened to the things people created that IS the story.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Really good stuff. I enjoy it a lot.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I saw that 90 min/2-hour special they did a few months ago and forgot they turned it into a series. The History Channel isn't On Demand, so I have to hope they have a marathon that I can catch so I can see all the episodes.

11. highlander

highlander Member

Of course that's the story. You still wonder how all the people disappeared.

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Show gives me the creeps.

Draft saved Draft deleted