1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Lies, Damned Lies, and Obama (response to Battier article)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Big Chee, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You'd have to ask them.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

That you would quote this passage, which is a totally ridiculous and utterly inaccurate description of Lewis' piece, shows how misguided you are. Good lord.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Chee: All I ask is that you not make judgments about the life I've lived, or the people I've known. I never assumed anything about you or the way you were raised or the friends you have.

My comments on the story were based on Battier, not your life or mine. Thank you.

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

I've covered Battier since high school, and if he's not the most intelligent athlete I've ever interviewed, he's in the top five. I don't care if he's black, white, purple or Martian.

The impressive thing about people talking about him being the first black president isn't the black part - it is the president thing. You don't see a lot of high-school athletes where people say all the time "he's going to be President someday."

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Really? Doesn't every school have a kid like that -- a super-achiever who's captain of the football team, a member of the National Honor Society and president of the student council?

If I had a buck for every time I heard someone say a high school kid is going to grow up to be president, I wouldn't be sweating the upcoming layoffs.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Well what do you know...the article was picked up by the Wall Street Journal.

http://blogs.wSportsJournalists.com/numbersguy/shane-battier-and-the-box-score-590/

7. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Buckweaver made a funny!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted