1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberals better be glad they don't live in their dream home, Russia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Or that we were like Russia.

Imagine if your buddy Dubya could do this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/09/12/russia.parliament.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yawn,

I have a question for you: In what relation do the Communists stand to the proletarians as a whole? The Communists do not form a separate party opposed to the other working-class parties.

They have no interests separate and apart from those of the proletariat as a whole.

They do not set up any sectarian principles of their own, by which to shape and mold the proletarian movement.

The Communists are distinguished from the other working-class parties by this only:

(1) In the national struggles of the proletarians of the different countries, they point out and bring to the front the common interests of the entire proletariat, independently of all nationality.

(2) In the various stages of development which the struggle of the working class against the bourgeoisie has to pass through, they always and everywhere represent the interests of the movement as a whole.

The Communists, therefore, are on the one hand practically, the most advanced and resolute section of the working-class parties of every country, that section which pushes forward all others; on the other hand, theoretically, they have over the great mass of the proletariat the advantage of clearly understanding the lines of march, the conditions, and the ultimate general results of the proletarian movement.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Like W won't do the same damn thing in six months.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

If only we could get rid of the Moron in Chief and his band of thugs so easily.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ace: He can't. Our system focuses on gridlock through the balance of powers.

Andy:
    If that ain't a fluffy caricature of "Communists are our friends," I've never seen a caricature.

A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.

Communism is a system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, "claiming" to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people. (But we all know how well that worked now, don't we?

The Marxist-Leninist version of Communist doctrine that advocates the overthrow of capitalism by the revolution of the proletariat, which was not limited to political takeover but oppression and even elimination of those who oppose it.

Much more direct. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share.

6. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

I can't believe he keeps responding to those posts.

8. Before jmac checks in:

[​IMG]

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yawn, I know that you are horrified at our intending to do away with private property.

But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths.

Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labor of others by means of such appropriations.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Good fucking god, 1985 called and wants its talking point back.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And fresh from the mens' room at MSP . . . the dashing Unknown Senator . . .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I was going to reach for a year further back . . . but you beat me to it.

Excellent work.

Draft saved Draft deleted