1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal media (or not)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 17, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

I watched it, in absentee voting. The shit happened right in front of me. I didn't dare ask the clerk at the table if she had a problem with that or I would have been scourged as a racist. The women had to direct their hands to the ballot. The "voters" were looking off into space.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

All that aside, if the man would set forth a vision for a serious national investment in infrastructure which would create many long term jobs, but his stimulus was nothing more than paybacks. Even if the former cost everyone a little more in taxes, and allowed for some restructuring of tax brackets, most Americans would go along with it. But we've turned this into a "damned if we're going to spend one dime" campaign when the reality is we're wasting money left and right at the hands of many of the bastards that are campaigning. Obama blew his chance at this from the outset by all this "we won" shit to alienate the other side, or at least part that might have met him halfway. He should have ramrodded a specific vision to the American people, selling it for up to a year to get political capital on his side. The only thing ramrodded was the stimulus money paybacks to his backers.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted