1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LIBERAL ALERT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Algore is on FOXNEWS...at least one network....hurry!

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I say again:

I just don't get the people who are STILL standing up for this administration. What would they legitimately need to do to lose you people? Sleep with your wives? Kick your dogs?

'Cause they've pretty much done everything else to piss you off. Nothing they've touched hasn't turned to absolute shit. The war, the economy, foreign relations, domestic relations -- all of it gone to absolute hell over the last six years. Just look at what you all spend your days here arguing. You're never trying to convince any of us that something these asshats has done is good for the country, only that it's not as bad as we're making it out to be or that a Democrat probably would've been just as bad.

And you come back day after day, scandal after embarrassing scandal, felony after felony and consistently defend these jackoffs as if they were your parents or some shit. I just don't get it.

Yeah, my preferences led me to give these corrupt bastards less leeway than you all did, but still, dammit, look around you. Look at what you've been forced to defend -- pedophilia, illegal wiretaps, the outing of a CIA agent, an illegal, mismanaged war, oil company profits, a budget deficit so large people have stopped counting, the pandering to religious nuts, the consistent embarrassment that is your president speaking in public, the dirty lobbyists, the crooked corporate hacks, the killing of thousands of Americans, the incompetent people in important positions, the complete failure to manage a national catastrophe, the invasion of privacy on so many levels.

And yet, here you are, still defending these failures, still trying to convince us all that we shouldn't believe our own eyes. And worst of all, you're still hoping and praying that come Tuesday, nothing will change and we'll get to continue on for at least two more years with this shit.

Well, blow me. Every single one of you. Yeah, I hope the Democrats take control of Congress on Tuesday. Not so I can come in here and jump up and down and act as though I've somehow scored some big victory. But because maybe, just sonofabitchin' maybe, some of this bullshit can be fixed, or at the very least, not made worse.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

"We need to be more assertive and stop letting all these two-bit dictators and rogue regimes push us around and stop being a pussy for our so-called allies, especially in Saudi Arabia," said neo-con Max Boot, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, just prior to the Iraq invasion."

Or, more crudely still, "Every 10 years or so, the United States of American needs to pick up some small, crappy, little country and throw it against the wall, just to put the world on notice that we mean business," said neo-con Michael Ledeen in an American Enterprise Institute forum.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yes, Yawn's threads suck.

With that out of the way, how many times are you going to post this? Maybe try the jobs board, perhaps? You've really made your point.

5. JackS

JackS Member

I really don't agree that the economy has gone to hell. Is it the greatest ever? No. But it hasn't gone to hell.

I won't argue with the rest.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Hey, if he's gonna continue to post idiotic threads just to get a rise out of people, why should anyone actually waste time responding? I just went back through my posts looking for a decent one I could copy and paste over and over and settled on this one.

I'm not looking for a response. This post just provides questions he can't answer and requires very little work on my part.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I did answer it. Go looking for it.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted