1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liar!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 5, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080204/D8UJP7NO1.html
    [​IMG]
    Here are the highlights from Bush's $3 Trillion Budget Fantasy:

* Models US economy growing 2.7% this year (yeah, right!)
    * Doesn't take into account the cost of future entitlement obligations (as usual)
    * Doesn't include Iraq/Afghanistan war expenses (as usual)
    * Pushes off the problems and tough decisions to the next president (And Mr. Obama is gonna be pissed)
    * Requires foreigners to finance our overspending and sea of red ink (as usual)
    * Destroys the hopes and dreams of future Americans so that the Baby Boomers can get theirs
    http://housingpanic.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

How do you really feel?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Assures that dimwits blame the next guy or gal for the great recession.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Cut funding to programs that feed poor people in favor of abstinence programs that don't stop kids from fucking. Good job.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Did he prepare the budget on an Etch-a-Sketch? Cool.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Anything dead-on that pisses off the asshole/busybody/bluenose wing of the GOP is a delight.

Ding.
    Ding.
    Ding.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You took the words right out of my mouth, Meat Loaf.

8. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

You forgot to mention what he did with the Energy Department, which most folks aren't aware of. But I'll break it down in brief form. An alliance called Future Gen, with a guarantee of federal financing, went through a two-year planning stage for a (supposed) environmentally-friendly coal plant that was going to extract carbon from the coal and pump it underground.

Four cities were in the running. Two of them were in Texas. In December, the alliance announced that the plant would be in my hometown. About a week ago, the head of the Energy Department, a Bush appointee with ties to Texas and big oil (of course) canceled the project.

The presumption was that it was a political move penalizing the alliance for not awarding it to Texas. Of course, it also was a thorn in the side of Obama, who's busy on the campaign trail.

Some of the folks in my hometown, which celebrated the announcement of the plant with all sorts of hoots and hollers, are mad as hell. They're calling it one of the nastiest political moves they've ever seen. It's a city that has lost most of its industry. A report a few months ago said that more than 40 percent of the county's population lives below the poverty line.

I could name more than 15 factories that have shut down in the past two decades. The closings have cut about 5,000 jobs, or about one job cut for every four citizens.

The Future Gen plant was the city's way out. It brought hope to an entire community. And, with one swing of the ax, the Bush Administration destroyed it over politics that it claimed was just an adjustment to the budget.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don't forget his plan to cut billions out of domestic spending in order to finance his bullshit war.

10. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Sorta like how the 2000-2001 recession was blamed on Bush.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A small point . . . given the truckloads of fail that can be pinned on Fredo, currently.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I want to know how much that nifty little display the Shrub was holding cost the taxpayers. That's gotta account for at least, what, .000000001 percent?

Draft saved Draft deleted