1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Letterman extorted for $2 million for sex tales

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This should be an interesting show tonight. David Letterman tells the audience he testified in front of a grand jury today. A con man tried extorting $2 million for him because he had information that Dave had been sleeping with some staffers. Letterman went to the DA, they had him mail a phony check and then got the person.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/10/01/2009-10-01_david_letterman_reveals_extortion_plot_con_man_wanted_2m_for_sex_secrets.html

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Top 10 Reasons David Letterman Bangs His Staffers

10. Hot blondes with big hooters
    9. Everyone else is doing it
    8. No, really, he WAS hiking the Appalachian Trail
    7. Ed Sullivan's ghost made him do it
    6. Just trying out some stupid human tricks
    5. Trying to make a Top 10 list of Top 10 Hottest Staffers I've Fucked
    4. Ran out of cigars
    3. C'mon, it's me, Biff Henderson, or Paul they have to choose from
    2. Just trying to see what floated
    1. Extortion!

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Price Was Wrong!

It's odd - as soon as he first topped the Tonight Show, he got involved in the Palin - Yankee Game thing. Now the ratings show he beat Conan last week in both the overall and the demo and this comes out.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well isn't that nice. I'm sure his wife/girlfriend of 20 years is thrilled.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... assuming she didn't already know. I mean, YF, you know they claimed to be monogamous for 20 years? I believe Lasko herself was a Letterman staffer at one time, and I'm thinking she probably already knew this. Any idea when these happened? I certainly don't know.
    Just chillax. You know, until we know the details.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Watching it now.

Loved Letterman in the 1980s on NBC. First time I've made it appointment television for Letterman since 1994 or 1995.

What a dirtbag.

This guy has the audacity to call Palin's daughter what he did... and he behaves like this.

Geez, Dave -- just go 'Straight Cash, Homey' and pay the $2 mil.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked at how humorous he's being while admitting this.

8. Killick

I thought it was awkward when he said "Yes, I have had sex with women who work on the show" and the crowd applauded. Weird.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Creepy.

That's right up there with the laugh track on the Diff'Rent Strokes with Gordon Jump as the would-be molester who ran the bike shop. King Neptune, anyone?

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Did I just watch that?

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Still with the Palin thing? So which comics can make jokes about anything? Only those who have never had sex? He's not the one who was arrested here, it was the guy blackmailing him. And he apparently put the blackmail evidence in Letterman's car, which would be a bit creepy.

The crowd obviously wasn't sure how to react, it's not like they had a warning about what he was going to talk about. They were laughing during the Seinfeld/Michael Richards thing too a few years ago.

The guy arrested apparently works for 48 Hours.

12. Killick

I'm sure he'll be doing FAR more than 48 Hours in the pokey.

Draft saved Draft deleted