1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's return to 1977

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Jan 13, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That is one of the best blog posts ever. I used to LOVE going through the Penney catalogs, though I was only 1 when this one came out.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

RICK!!!

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I was 10 at the time. I'm pretty sure that Momma Allen was dressing me up in some of that stuff. And people wonder why I'm a little bitchy as an adult ...

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That has to be Ricky Schroeder.

I was making $140 a week in 1977, and had more money left over at the end of a paycheck than I do now.

Never owned clothes quite like that. But pretty darn close.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

The green shag "clothing" for the toilet was especially classy. Two words: Trailer park.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Jesus, I wasn't even born in '77, but that shit was funny.

7. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

That Ricky Shroeder pic reminded me of another great idea that took off in the 70's -- T-shirt shops.
    Remember, the ones where you would go in and they would have glossy stickers all over the walls and you would just pick your blank colored shirt and they would put it in what looked like a giant panini maker and you would get your shirt, which would do one of two things:
    1. Peel off after like two washes
    2. Slowly fade away and flake into nothing over 10 years so LED ZEPPLIN ended up saying ED PLIN

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

C'mon, who doesn't have a need for a toilet cozie? Especially a lime green one.

9. Sadly, I WISH my mom had dressed me that well.

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

This thread makes me think about that short-lived show this summer, "Swingtown." Did anybody watch that? I didn't think it was that bad.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are any VORP references in there

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

[​IMG]

Change the hair color and I swear, that looks just like AA in 1977. But you can't tell him I said that.

Draft saved Draft deleted