1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Put The X In The Running Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This probably isn't the place for fantasy talk, but I don't want to make a separate thread for this.

Ankiel comes off waivers tomorrow and I've got a claim on him. My offense is solid already (I've got M. Cabrera, Ibanez, Wells and Ordonez in the outfield) and if I don't drop Pedroia or Polanco, I'd only be willing to let go of a pitcher (Hennessy, Embree, Capuano, Mitre or James).

No. 1: Is Ankiel worth putting a claim in?

No. 2: Who would you give up?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think you should get into an NL-only league. Only true way to roto it up. Much more difficult.

That said, go for him. Then snooker someone with a trade.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The deadline was last night, and this is a head-to-head. I'm sitting in third, with a glimpse at second, in a money league. I've never done roto baseball; I love it with basketball, however.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I love fantasy baseball, but in case you were wondering there is a fantasy thread on Anything Goes. You just have to search for it.

That said. Good to see the Tigers still struggling and Wang settling down and lasting 6 innings.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I thought it was going to be a rough one after a 2-2 first. The A's must have gotten the memo. The Tigers, eh, not so much.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Joba Chamberlain is scary.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I wish I could actually watch him pitch. It sounds like he could completely change the face of the Yankees bullpen.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

He also is under strict controls for now because he has never been a reliever.
    He will not be used 2 days in a row. If he pitches an inning he gets at least a day off, 2 innings at least two days off.
    He will be brought in only to start an inning, no earlier than the 6th.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You know, I think they've got the same pitching rules in place in this Little League Mid-Atlantic Regional Final that I just watched on ESPN2. ::)

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Never mind. Yahoo initially said runner out and now it says runner safe. What the hell just happened?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

And Mo blows the save in the ninth!
    If Cabrera hadn't thrown Mora out at the plate, the O's would be leading. Go-ahead run still on second.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I thought they should have left Joba in there. Mariano pitched yesterday, throwing 40 pitches and Joba only threw 14 in the 8th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.