1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Go Bowling------2019-20 Bowl Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Not sure if stull true, but most leagues treated the championship game as a bowl and you couldn't reappear. So Mike Defee may be out.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if true either, but that would make sense.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Defee out of the national title game? He's a Big 12 official. Pac-12 has the title game this year.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think he meant the conference championship game.
    Defee did have the Big 12 championship game.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Barring tOSU making the title game, my alma mater Indiana will play in the Big Ten's final bowl game on Jan. 2 in prime time in warm weather. It's just so strange.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I just know my Hurricanes will mail it in in Shreveport. They are limping into a bowl game after two losses to end the season and this will be a de facto home game for La. Tech. maybe there will be a blizzard like there was years ago for this game, make it interesting to watch

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Gotcha. He'll probably still be on a lower-end bowl assigned to the Big 12: Belk, Pinstripe and Independence.

National title game crew in recent years has done a lower bowl games as a "warm-up" so that could be Music City or Home Loans Arizona.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems kind of nuts. You would think you would want the top crew doing both a conference championship and a Playoff.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Promotional effort for the Redbox Bowl is off to a rolling start.
    [​IMG]

10. DanOregon

Looks like it was outsourced to India. That was a fun bowl to attend when it was in SF. You go get liquored up, they hand you a big jar of mixed nuts when you walk in. You sober up through the game. And then head back out to bar hop on your way back to BART.

maumann likes this.
  11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Best Western

HanSenSE, amraeder and maumann like this.
  12. DanOregon

I love that the sponsor of the Bahamas Bowl is an industrial park near Chicago. Perfect match. And only cost $300k.

Draft saved Draft deleted