1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let the hating begin: Adam Sandler buys Mitch Albom script...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, Jun 18, 2007.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Possibly even deserving of an LOL!

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

50 First Datelines, about a sportswriter trying to win the love of a brain-damaged cutie pie who reads his column every day but just can't remember where she was when she read it.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Means nothing to me . . . an epic merging of LCD panderers . . . neither will ever see a nickel of my money . . .

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

and yet... (from American Thinker http://www.americanthinker.com/2005/04/schadenfreude.html)

Albom has also, in the last decade, become a hypocritical, condescending, arrogant jerk who has appointed himself an expert on all things, especially judging who practices the purest forms of journalistic ethics and who does not. In print and on the radio he has bashed the likes of Jayson Blair but thinks that known fabricator Seymour Hersh is a legend performing a public service for his Abu Grahib scribblings. Albom always argues that journalistic standards and ethics are paramount in his own work.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I know this is a threadjack, but how is Seymour Hersh a "known fabricator?"

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Consider the source.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Not yet. Check back it a year.

8. Some Kennedy dead-enders have been peddling this since "The Dark Side of Camelot" -- which, to be fair, is pretty much his worst book -- came out. More of case of listening to the wrong people, I think.

9. donaugust

donaugust Member

Thanks, Mitch.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Woo Woo, Mitch! Classin' up the joint.

If this is, indeed, you, I think you do a good job on The Sports Reporters. I just wish you'd slap Lupica around a bit and tell him to verbalize without all of his histrionics. Man alive, is that frustrating to watch.

11. Sounds like good news to me. Maybe he'll finally quit the Free Press.

12. I don't understand all this hate for Mitch Albom. Jealous you can't write a book that sells 10 million copies but is less than 100 pages long? He's good and none of you clowns can carry his briefcase, myself included. Have a little respect.

Draft saved Draft deleted