1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LeRoy Butler doesn't back down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I am in agreement with LTL that not only should certain differences not be celebrated, but that the existence of such differences in people makes those individuals lesser human beings. LTL's message is a righteous one.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Although I love being in your head when all you can muster in defense is a bunch of jibber jabber, you really should try to become a more educated person and stop embarrassing yourself. Or at least get Care Bear to fight your battles, she is way better at it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What do you think political ideology is all about? Every diehard and true believer seeks to convert others to the correct way of living and thinking. That politics has become religion for so many Americans is the foundation of intolerance, which is never going to go away; its momentum just switches sides from time to time.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You should stick to Tebow threads.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Burn!

Hold on while I have my wife log in to defend me.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Why would you drag CB into this? Seriously. She never gets involve in any of my online bullshit. If you want to go back and forth and fuck around with each other, fine. I'm all for that. But are you that much of a worthless little bitch that after a couple posts you have to resort to that? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

And if a moderator wants to delete this post, just go ahead and ban me.

7. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

My exact initial thought.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't approve of the Boston Marathon bombers's actions, but I sure as hell respect them for standing up for their religious beliefs. Must have been a scary thing for them to do. They should be lauded.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Butler tweets that parents complained to the church about his support for Collins.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn those farmers for planting different crops next to each other. Damn them to hell!

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

If the church really wants a big crowd, they should get the surviving one to speak. As long as he apologizes via Twitter beforehand and says he didn't mean for the bomb to explode.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The verses that most of the religious right cling to in saying homosexuality is a sin can be found in Leviticus -- a book of the Bible written by men, lawgivers at the time. Those laws were written at a time when the sociological standards and tolerance were far from being fully developed. And if they're going to hold onto those verses as proof that gays are sinning, they'd better pay attention to the verses that allow men to have multiple wives, allow people who don't keep the Sabbath to be stoned and allow daughters to be sold into slavery.

Can't have it both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.