1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lena Dunham ‘Raped by a Republican’ Story in Bestseller Collapses Under Scrutiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 4, 2014.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I believe she was raped as much as I believed Lance Armstrong was clean. I don't even believe she molested her sister. Its all a LOOK AT ME attempt to sell her book.

She definitely deserves the HOW ABOUT NO bear in all facets of her life.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You might be right about the rape.

But why in the hell would anyone admit to putting rocks inside her sister if it wasn't true?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

To shock people. It's what she does.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The same reason the girl from One Day at a Time said she F'd her dad.... nobody would know about your book otherwise.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Like Schneider wasn't getting some of that action too.

[​IMG]

Edit ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't like Dunham or her work, but I'm not convinced she's a complete sociopath just yet.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

BINGO End Of THread

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And yet the publisher has seen fit to pay "Barry's" lawyer fees and change the book. Do you always hate the truth coming out?

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

That all addresses the language inaccuracy which is hardly the point. That ship has sailed long ago (see homophobia for example). My real problem is hitching your wagon to the holocaust to score points.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know that the term "survivor" is strictly and only associated with the Holocaust. And, it's true that "homophobia" is not a perfect term for bias towards homosexuals. And, maybe "survivor" is not the perfect word either, but it will do.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Again, here's where we're disagreeing. I think like the use of "deniers" I reference to climate change, that the rape culture advocates purposely chose the word survivor for its holocaust undertones. It's not coincidental overlap of terms.

12. PW2

PW2 Member

Best episode in "Curb Your Enthusiasm" history.

Draft saved Draft deleted