1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Len Shapiro raises his pimp hand....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

from the article... "It's as if there was never a period of time when things were right," said former Hurricane coach Butch Davis, who really did clean up the program during his tenure in the late 1990s and already is being mentioned Coker's possible successor. "It's like 25 consecutive years of thuggery."

But don't tell that to Woody Paige, a long-time Denver sports columnist who also has been a regular on the dreadful Cold Pizza the past several years. He called for Miami to place the football team on hiatus for several years. "If UM and its president and trustees really had any courage, they would make the football program go away," Paige said. (By the way, if ESPN and its president really had any courage, they would make the Cold Pizza go away, but that's a story for another day.)

I just wonder if Paige ever said the same about the rogue University of Colorado program several seasons ago, where rape was the major issue, as opposed to a brawl on the field.....

BINGO. Typical Woody Paige

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I never got an answer. What does "raises his pimp hand" mean?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Per Mr. Whitlock, we can take it to mean: to discipline, to bring into line, to smack upside the head.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

ondeadline, don't you get it? We're all supposed to latch into the inner-city vibe! It's the only way anyone under 35 can survive the soulless suburban wasteland.

I applaud Mr. Whitlock for appropriating it for his persona. His saloon-keeper father would be proud.

5. deportes

deportes Member

goalmouth,

as a journalist, you should learn this stuff, even if you can't raise your pimp hand. ;D

6. schrdp2002

schrdp2002 Member

(nods head)

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you mean the guy who thinks he's the new sheriff in town?

if he's out to police all of us as he suggests he is, i'd like to be the first to call him a pig.

8. It's also about beating up women.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Fenian, as always, makes the finer point.

(That there's cold cruelty in the gesture, and gratuitous abuse, is not, I suspect, what the XXL Sexy necessarily intends when flourishing the callous hand in question. Still...)

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Just tell the truth, you were the guy she was writing about in the blog!!

(extremely kidding....it was just sitting there... :D )

Draft saved Draft deleted