1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Len Bias Film

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 23, 2008.

1. This a d_b?
    I like the trailer.

http://www.len-bias.com/trailer.html

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Interesting and mildly intriguing, but I think a rental... The trailer didnt hint at anything new for me...

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I wonder if it will be as accurate as the Hank Gathers film.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I heard it's going to be pulled from theaters two days after it's released...

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You're funnier in your head than you are in your posts.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe b/c I followed Bias' career since he was a junior at Northwestern, but I am not seeing anything new in that trailer.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Web site could use some copyediting. There are two typos in the title that appears on the browser bar: "Bais" and "Fraiser."

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Nothing new. Just all the info in one place at one time by the looks of it.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That looks like a pretty good movie. What little I know about Bias is from my dad, a diehard Celtics fan, who was devestated when this happened.

So, what would the comparison today be? Kevin Durant or Greg Oden dying two days after they were drafted? Or was he a bigger name than that?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Due to the "one and out" nature of college basketball today, there really is no comparison.. The UNC Tar Heels of the early 1980's were national names - to casual sports fans. Same with Duke in the early '90's. and UNLV.

Bias was more of a cult hero in college - you'd see him on ESPN, but the Jordan comparisons (for the most part) were made posthumously. But he played four years at Maryland.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just a shade below.

Back then you knew the college kids so much more because they had more than a cup of coffee up at the college level.

Bias would have been a great pro. Do I think he would have been as good as Bird or McHale? No.

Bias was a force, but his jumper might have needed a little more work. If I remember, it took a little time to get off. He was so strong and fast, though. I'm guessing he would have been a lot like Dominique Wilkins. Just stronger.

He was not Jordan. No one was/would/will be Jordan.

I did not know until now that Bias' younger brother was shot a killed.

Tragic family.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was going to try and give an example, but then I realized I don't know any four-year players that are really well known.

Draft saved Draft deleted