1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leitch on Darren Rovell

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm reading the right writer. She's better than most.

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Here you go: http://www.cnbc.com/id/43759244/The_100_Twitter_Rules_To_Live_By

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Nah, I held a strong contempt for Rovell before that, as did many others. The worst part is how unavoidable he is. So many people who otherwise are worthwhile follows will retweet him to the point where I see as much Darren Rovell in my feed as anyone else some days.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

ESPN's chief flak is gleefully retweeting the Travis piece.

Josh Krulewitz ‏@jksports
    If you missed, @ClayTravisBGID wrote a media take you don't often see & offered theories why that is: http://bit.ly/VZBSsY

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But it seems like the Rovell hating ramped up in the past year, maybe less. Like if there wasn't much going on, some of the top bloggers would start banging on him. And that would lead to it snowballing for a couple of hours.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Richard Deitsch went to Twitter war with Rovell for the first time more than a year ago. And that grudge didn't pop up out of nowhere.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

LOL

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If I had the time, I would find the right photos for each and turn this into a proper chart.

But I really want to see it happen, so maybe we could crowd source it or something.

Draft saved Draft deleted