1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leinart, stupid or what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"So you're feeling a burning sensation when you urinate?"

"No doc, flames shoot out my dick."

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Muahahahahahah, that is never not funny. (though I think it's fire and not flames)

The Bus Boys get so much pussy, they come to my house and the fish stop swimming.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Whenever someone starts talking about Paris and what it must be like, for some reason, I'm always reminded of a Rodney Carrington bit where he's talking about looking down below the sheet as his wife is giving birth.

"Holy shit. That's gonna go back to normal, aint it, doc? Hell, I could get my whole damn leg off in there.
    "That'd be an awful feeling wouldn't it, having sex like that."

"It'd be like: CAN YOU FEEL ANYTHING?"

Immitating his wife: "Not yet. Try doing circles."

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Baseball bat

Garbage can

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the tired argument that you cannot say an athlete "passed" or "failed" an SAT.

And I say both arguments are anal-retentive.

IMO, Leinart "has" a contract. It has basically been placed right in front of him. He just refuses to sign it. Thus, he is "holding out" for better terms.

"Leinart holdout continues" tells the readers what they want to know and does not mislead them.

Same with the SAT. Just like a driver's test, if the NCAA sets a minimum score to be eligible to play sports, if you don't meet that score you "fail" the test . . . at least in the eyes of the sports pages.

"Joe Stud passes SAT" tells the readers that Joe scored high enough and can play for State U.

It's no more inaccurate than saying "Indians hammer Orioles" when we know they really didn't hit them on the head with a hammer.

Draft saved Draft deleted